Device Manager: Code 39
One of the more common device manager errors is code 39, although this code tells normal computer users nothing at all, it does tell Windows experts a lot, and in most cases the problem is easy to solve.
The main causes for this problem are:
- A required binary file for the device is missing,
- A required device driver is missing
- A driver is pointing to an entry point in a binary file that is unable to load
- There is a problem with the file it’s I/O process.
Solution 1: Microsoft Fix-it tool.
Microsoft made a fix-it to automatically detect and solve problems with devices that are not working, it’s advised that you try this first.
Solution 2: Re-install drivers
The next solution you should try is to re-install the drivers for said device, you can do that this way:
- Open Start
- Type “Device Manager“
- Hit enter or click Device Manager
- Right-click the Device that is causing problems
- Click on Uninstall
- Download the latest drivers for your device
Are the problems still not gone? Then ask an expert to help you further