How to Extract all Attachments from Outlook in Different Ways?
Finding an appropriate solution to download all attachments from Outlook? Have you ever tried to do it manually? Further in the below section, we are going to discuss an instant solution to Extract multiple Attachments from Outlook 2016 & below versions.
MS Outlook, a desktop-based email client, which is most preferable for your business is used worldwide for storing emails, calendar entries, note making, journals, etc., and save them in PST format along with attachments.
Most of the time users try to remove attachments from Outlook because of a few reasons. The size of Outlook mailbox is increased by attachments and users might get in trouble. It may also badly affect the performance of MS Outlook and PST files will get corrupted.
In this kind of troublesome situation, users start searching for a suitable approach to resolve their issue. So, in the upcoming section, we will explain best two ways to extract multiple attachments from Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 etc. User can go with anyone of them to get the satisfactory result.
First, go through the following scenario, which is given below. With it’s help you will understand the data extraction effectively. The following scenario is taken from a random forum site:
“I have been using Microsoft Outlook for the last two years. Yesterday, I tried to extract all my attachments from Outlook account profile, but, I failed to extract all my email attachments due to large size of PST file. Kindly suggest me a smart and reliable solution to extract attachments from multiple Outlook emails.”
Manual Approaches to Extract All Attachments from Outlook 2016, 2013
MS Outlook does not provide any specific feature to extract attachments from Outlook mail client. If users need to do this by themselves, they have to put some extra efforts. Here, we are going to discuss three methods to remove email attachments from Outlook. Simply follow each step carefully to accomplish the task:
Method 1: Download All Attachments in Single Mail Message
- First of all, choose the email message to extract all Outlook attachments
- Now, select an individual attachment from that particular mail.
- Here, you will receive a pop up “Save All Attachments” on the attachment
- Eventually, save multiple attachments to the preferable folder and press “OK” button.
Method 2: Using VBA (Visual Basic for Applications)
- Step 1. In first step, you can use “Alt key + F11” to access the “VBA” Editor
- Step 2. Now, you can launch the VBA Macro.
- Step 3. Start the application and choose File, then Import file >> import the saved file.
- Step 4. Next, you can save it and close the VBA Macro dialog box.
- Step 5. Select the appropriate email message to transfer all the attachments.
- Step 6. You can Opt “Alt+F8” key in order to access the Macros dialog box
- Step 7. After that, select Execute Saving and, then press Run.
- Step 8. At last, you will get a pop-up screen, select the desired folder in which you wish to store all attachments.
- Step 9. Go to File >> select Open & Export >> Import/Export
Note: You have to enable all the macros in MS Outlook to proceed further steps.
Method 3: Guideline to Extract Attachments from Outlook Folder
- Launch the Microsoft Outlook >> go to Rules and >> Manage Rules and Alerts.
- Now, choose New Rules and hit on Apply rules on manager I received after that select Nextbutton.
- On a pop up window, click Yes button
- In the next step, Run a script option is checked and give the desired name to your script and click OK
- Then, press Next button
- Lastly, your all attachments can be stored on a particular location and you can recover them.
Challenges While Performing Manual Method
These manual methods are worthwhile but also contain some drawbacks. This process is very difficult for a non-technical user and it takes much time. Therefore, it becomes a troublesome for a novice user. Thus, apart from that few limitations are listed below:
- It is a lengthy and time consuming procedure.
- It comes up with complexity for a novice user.
- It does not allow to directly extract attachments in bulk.
Extract Attachments from Outlook Automatically
To overcome all the limitations of manual methods, users can opt for a reliable third-party tool named as Outlook Attachment Extractor. This tool is designed in such a way to remove multiple attachments from multiple emails & automatically save Outlook attachments to a certain location. One can easily use this software for attachments separation without installing Microsoft Outlook. In fact, a novice user can also use this software without taking any external help. Some more salient features of the tool are listed below:
- Extract attachments from multiple PST files in batch mode
- Ability to extract attachments from different email folders
- No size limitation while extracting PST file attachments
- Compatible with all Outlook versions, i.e., Outlook 2016 & below
- Retain original folder hierarchy during attachments separation
To extract all attachments from Outlook might seem ‘not so difficult’ task, but, users might face various issues in between the manual methods. Therefore, to make this task simpler, we have discussed both manual and automated solutions to extract Outlook attachments. User can opt any one of them as per their requirement. However, manual methods contain some disadvantages so, it is much better to go with the alternate method.