Ultimate Guide to Backup Hotmail Emails to Computer or on Hard Drive
Email Communication is one of the important part and parcel of business life. There is hardly anyone left who still uses paper mode of communication i.e. mails post, fax or telegrams. The email industry is mainly revolutionized by top free email service provider such as Gmail, Hotmail, Yandex Mail, Yahoo, Outlook Mail and many others as well. With the free email services, the user will get sufficient amount of space to store their emails, calendars, tasks, notes, journal etc. In short, we can say that webmail is one of the best option to get connected with important client and other persons. Read to know “How to Backup Hotmail Emails to Computer“.
From last 2-3 years, there are enormous number of security breach has been taken place. No one can forget the major security breach done by hackers on Yahoo Mail. The confidential information of about 3 billion users get compromised worldwide.
This can happens to any of the free webmail services platform. So, it is better to create backup of the webmail and save it to secure offline location. So, in this follow up we will discuss the mechanism to backup hotmail emails to computer or on hard drive.
Methods to Backup Hotmail Emails to Computer or on Hard Drive
There are two different mechanism are available to create the backup of Hotmail emails on hard drive.
- Manual Approach
- Professional Recommended Approach
Method 1# Manual Tips to Backup Hotmail Emails to Hard Drive
The manual approach includes download of Outlook(desktop based email client application) and then configuring the webmail account on the same to download hotmail emails to hard drive. One can also use other email client application as well such as Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, Opera Mail, SeaMonkey etc. We have taken Outlook because, Hotmail interface is very much familiar with Outlook. Apart from this Ms Outlook is compatible with almost all the enterprise level applications.
Step by Step Guide to Save Hotmails Emails to Hard Drive
- Download & Run Microsoft Outlook email client application
- Click on the File Tab > Then Go to Add Account
- Click on the option Manual Setup or Additional Server Types and the click Next.
- Then after select the services which you want and then click on Next.
- Next, select POP or IMAP.
- Then under the user information fill out all the necessary details asked by prompt bot.
- Click on “More settings” option
- Next, Internet Email Settings windows open up
- Select the option Outgoing Sever > My Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires authentication > Advanced tab.
- Complete the information asked in the Advanced Tab.
- Then after the mark the option leave the copy of emails on the server or remove from the server after 14 days and then click on OK to process.
- Then after you will get navigated to POP or IMAP account settings and then click Next.
Note if you any error while configuring the emails then you have to follow the below mentioned steps.
- These type of generally occurs when POP 3 configuration is not enabled from the Outlook.com account, follow the steps given below:
a: Open Hotmail account
b: Go to the options “Settings –> Options –> POP and IMAP”
c: Mark the POP option as “Yes” and save it. Now it is enabled. So close Hotmail and go back to Outlook.
- Click on “Next” icon then you can get a new window click on “Close”.
- Click “Finish” to complete the configuration process to backup Hotmail emails to Outlook.
Shortcoming of Manual Solution to Backup Hotmail Emails to Computer
There are several limitations associated with the manual solution to download Hotmail emails to Hard Drive. Some of the major one are listed below:
- Foremost limitations is the manual solution is too lengthy to implement
- No calendars or other items backup
- Technical information is needed to smoothly execute the process.
Method 2# Professional Recommended Solution to Backup Hotmail Emails to Computer
Undoubtedly, manual solution is too complex to execute but it is available for free of cost. But the similar is not happened with the later one. SysTools Hotmail Backup is one of the best and expert recommended solution to backup outlook.com emails to local computer. It allows to save data in multiple file format such as PST, EML, MSG etc. Apart from this, you can also get other features such as Pause or resume, incremental backup, delete data after download from the server, date filter option etc. The Hotmail backup software must be preferred over the manual solution as it also support to backup contacts and calendar.
The Last Few Words to Conclude
Since far we have discussed the manual solution to create the backup of Hotmail Emails on local drive. Apart from this we also highlights the loopholes while implementing manual solution to save Hotmail data to hard drive. As alternative to this, we also discuss the expert preferable solution i.e. SysTools Hotmail Backup Software. So, its depends on you which method is feasible to you and in what way you want to backup hotmail emails to computer.