Do you want to transfer G Suite emails from one Google Apps account to another domain / account? If yes, then you just read this article once and you will definitely get the answer.
As per popular demand, many people want to focus on digital technology. Like Google Apps, cloud-based email service contains a large number of applications in its toolbox, which is most widely used today. This includes Gmail, Hangouts, Slides, Google Drive, Google Calendar, Docs, etc.
However, unfortunately, your data is not secure in the cloud. Sometimes, you have accidentally deleted some important files due to mishandling of mailbox, some hacking attacks or malware infections. Thus, many people want to transfer G Suite emails to another account. In this blog, we will discuss a step-by-step procedure on Google Apps transfer email from one account to another.
Top 2 Workarounds to Transfer G Suite Emails
Well, we provide different ways to transfer Google Apps to new domain or Google account. So, you can use either of the below-mentioned methods:
Method 1: Transfer Google Apps to Another Account (Same Domain)
Before starting, you may need to sign in as the source user and apply a label to all email messages. Otherwise, they will be thrown in target inbox with all existing labels, which can be difficult to sort through. When you are there, grab the application-specific password if you turn on 2-step verification.
- First, Sign in to admin.google.com (you must be domain administrator).
- After that, navigate to Data Migration.
- Choose G Suite for data migration source.
- Enter credentials (username or password) for the user account on your domain. Make sure you use the account that may receive a migration report. If you have two-step verification in the right place, you must use an application-specific password.
- Select options like how many emails to migrate, which folder you want to include/exclude, and so on. Now, navigate to Select Users
- It will take you to a page of mass migration. Now, click Add button at the bottom right corner to make a new migration
- Enter all credentials for target user account and then, choose the source user. If you are using 2-step verification, you have to use app-specific password for a source user
- Now, start the migration process. It usually takes a lot of time to accomplish the task.
- When you are finished, if you also want to migrate contacts or calendars, you must go to Menu bar in the top left corner and click on Exit Migration before starting a new migration.
Method 2: Transfer G Suite to Another Domain
The 2nd solution to effectively transfer G Suite emails from Google Apps to another domains like Microsoft Outlook, Office 365, Thunderbird etc. is SysTools G Suite Backup Email Software. This utility can quickly export all the data from G Suite mailbox to PST, MBOX, EML and MSG formats, which are supported by multiple domains.
Here you can start the G Suite export process:
- Download and install G Suite/ Google Apps Backup tool
- After that, the software provides two backup types such as Single User or Multiple User. So you can choose any of them
- Now, you can export Google Apps data to PST/ EML/ MSG/ MBOX file formats as per your requirement.
- Finally, choose data items like Emails, Calendars, Contacts, and Documents to transfer Google Apps to new domain.
What’s so special about this software?
Let’s take a look at some advanced features of the tool to transfer G Suite to another domain:
- Move Google Apps Email to Computer
With G Suite Backup tool, you can save Google Apps email along with attachments. It is capable enough to download and copy all mailbox items of G Suite account, i.e., emails, calendars, contacts, and documents on the local machine. All items are exported in respective file formats such as .eml, .ics, .vcf, .pst, etc.
- Offers Delete after Download Feature
Google Apps Software offers “delete after download” feature so you can free disk space by backing up complete data. You can select this option to backup and delete Google Apps account data from the server once. Make sure this feature is only available with email backup.
- Maintain the Original Folder Structure
It will retain the folder hierarchy as before even after downloading the data. For example, if you migrate messages from an individual account then, it will create a separate folder for each label. These folders and labels: Inbox, Sent Items, Drafts, John, Michelle etc., are created in resultant file and save all emails respectively.
Migration of emails and data from one account to another may not always seem easy. Therefore, in this blog, we have discussed a manual solution to transfer G Suite emails to another account as well as different domain. But, sometimes this manual approach does not work properly and provide unsatisfactory results. So, in that case, we have suggested a third-party tool named as Google Apps Backup. According to expert’s advice, the tool is designed in such a manner that provides data migration with proper security. Also, we have covered all working steps of the tool in a proper way.