2. Checking your time and date.
A common reason for Windows Update not working is that your time and date does not match the Microsoft Update servers.
1. In the right-corner of your screen their is a clock, right-click the Clock and then choose Adjust date/time
2. Then click on Change Time and Date
3. Make sure the time and date is set correctly, then click on OK.
4. Click on the tab, Internet Time and make sure the following error is NOT shown. If it is, then please see our guide on how to fix it.
Now make sure the date and time match the time zone you are in, if it’s correct then you can continue with the next step, if it was indeed wrong, then correct the time and try to apply the updates again.