Running an System File Check
- Open Elevated Command Prompt by following one of two methods:
- Press the Windows + X at the same time, then choose Command Prompt (admin)
- Press the Windows + W key at the same time and then type ” cmd ” right-click
Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator
- Type the following command ” sfc /scannow ” and hit enter (see image)
- Wait for the results to come back.
Running DISM to repair damaged system files
- Press Windows + X at the same time, then chooses Command Prompt (admin)
- Press Windows + W key at the same time and then type ” cmd ” right-click Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator
- Then type the following command ” dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth ” and hit the enter key(see image)
- DISM will now start scanning and trying to fix any problems it finds within the image, it’s normal to get stuck at 20% just wait patiently.
If you receive no error’s at all then try to run the Update again, if it fails then continue reading on the next page.
Refreshing your system
If the problem stills persist, then there is currently no known fix for this problem, many people could execute the update successfully after refreshing their system and then trying to apply the update again, if you wish to try that then read:
Windows 10: How to re-install Windows 10