This tutorial will explain how you can access the Windows Error Logs in Windows 10, to find security, application or system problems that are causing system issues. The logs can only be viewed by an user with Administrative rights. An other name for the Windows Error Logs is the Windows Event Viewer.
In this tutorial I will show you 3 ways of accessing the Windows Error Logs.
Method 1: Use the Power Menu
Using the Power Menu you can easily access the Windows Error Logs / Windows Event Viewer without going through the entire Control Panel, or using the Run command.
1. Right-click on the Windows icon in the taskbar, or if you have a touch enabled device, touch and hold it, a menu will pop-up.
2. Now choose Event Viewer
Method 2: Using the Run Command
Another way of accessing the Event Viewer is using the Run command.
1. Press the Windows + R button at the same time on your keyboard.
2. A Run Window should now appear, in this window type the following command eventvwr
3. Click on OK.
Event Viewer should now appear.
Method 3: Using the Control Panel
The last method, and it’s really on here for your information, using method 1 you are a lot faster, then using this method.
1. Open the Control Panel
2. Click on System and Security
3. Click on Administrative Tools
4. Double-click on Event Viewer
I hope this tutorial helped you open the Windows Error Logs / Windows Event Viewer in Windows 10, using the Power Menu, Run Command or Using the Control Panel.
Thanks very much for your help I was trying to solve a problem win. 10 FSX and P3D v3.2 and need to get to the error logs