How to Block Access to Control Panel and PC Settings in Windows 10
In this tutorial I will show you How to Block Access to Control Panel and block PC Settings in Windows 10 to prevent changes being made to your system. This option blocks the old fashion Control Panel but the new PC Settings as well. Be careful with this guide, since you lock yourself out of the control panel!
Method 1: Local Group Policy Editor
The easiest way to Block Access to Control Panel and PC Settings in Windows 10 is using the Group Policy Editor
1. Press the Windows + R key on your keyboard
2. A run Window will appear, now type gpedit.msc and click on OK
If you get a message that the program cannot be found, then your Windows version does not have Group Policy editor, it’s only included in Windows 8 Pro, Enterprise en Windows 10 Pro (and higher) skip to the registry edit method
3. Under User Configuration unfold Administrative Templates
4. Now unfold Control Panel
5. Double-click Prohibit access to Control Panel and PC settings and choose Enabled
6. Click on OK and then close Group Policy Editor
You might need to sign-out and sign-in for the changes to take effect.