Are you getting the ‘Catalyst Control Centre: Host application has stopped working’ when ever you are trying to open the Catalyst Control Centre? Or maybe even when you just turn on your pc? Maybe your Windows PC is showing you the error
Problem Blue Screen; 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48 Local ID: 1033 Catalyst control centre: Host application has stopped working ATI
Don’t worry, just follow these simple steps and your system will be working again in no-time.
The Catalyst Control Center is application software for your graphic driver. It’s a component of the AMD Catalyst software engine. This application provides video customization options to adjust display settings, display profiles and video performance. The error for the Catalyst Control Center is related to the Graphics card installed on your computer, you may check with AMD if there are any updated drivers for the graphics card which needs to be installed to take care of the issue.
Solution 1: Uninstall the device software from the Device Manager
Uninstall the display adapter driver from the device manager.
- Press Windows key and X key together then clicking Device Manager.
- If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or offer confirmation.
- In Device Manager, Click on view tab and select “show hidden devices”.
- Locate and expand the Display adapter.
- Right click on the display device; click on uninstall.
- Restart the computer and check if the error is gone.
Solution 2: Uninstall the driver software for the Display Adapter (AMD Catalyst Install Manager) from the Program and Feature in Control Panel.
- Press Windows key + X.
- Click on Programs and Features.
- Click on the Display adaptor driver software (AMD Catalyst Install Manager) and click on un-install.
- Restart your computer.
- Now open C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\ (replace username with your local username)
- Delete the ATI folder.
- Download latest graphics drivers from the manufacturer website.
You may also refer the following link to un-install AMD Catalyst using the AMD Catalyst Un-install Utility
Reinstalling your driver
Now that we have removed the troubling drive and hopefully got rid of your error, it’s time to get the video card working again. There are two option for doing this. One is the easy way, and the other one is the one I would advice you to take. In most cases, they will both fix your problem, but if one fails, you can always use the other one.
Using the AMD website
I would suggest you to visit the manufacturer’s website and download the latest drivers for the Graphic Card.
Using Windows update
Drivers are updated occasionally. Windows can update them automatically, or you can install the updated drivers yourself. It’s important for you to have confidence in the updated drivers you install. Windows notifies you if it detects a suspicious or unsafe driver you shouldn’t install. Check for optional updates also as they might have hardware device related updates.
Download and install drivers:
Troubleshoot video card problems: