Change Account Type in Windows 10 and Windows 8
Windows for consumers has three kind of account types:
- Guests (an Administrator or Standard User cannot be changed to a guest)
In some situations you might wish to change the rights of a user on your system, perhaps to enhance the security. It’s a good idea to not be on an Administrator when not needed.
Changing the rights of an Account
1. Begin by right-clicking the Start Icon of Windows.
2. Then click Control Panel
3. Then under User Accounts and Family Safety, click Change Account Type
4. Then choose the account you wish to change, and double-click it.
5. Then click on Change Account Type
6. Then choose the Account Type you want the user to be, you can choose between Standard and Administrator.
7. Click on Change Account Type
The account has now been changed to the account type you choose, if the user was logged in, he has to sign-out and sign-in again for the changes to take effect.