How to change the DNS server in Windows
In this guide I will show you how to change your DNS Server.
Lets get started shall we. First thing I am going to show you a list of the top five Secure DNS Servers.
Best Secured DNS Servers
Changing the DNS Server
Now that you have found the best DNS server for your computer, you will need to know how to change the dns server settings. The First thing you will need to do is:
1. Hit the Windows key, or the Windows Icon on the bottom left of your screen. Type or copy and paste ncpa.cpl into the start/search box, then hit enter.
2. You will be presented with this screen, after hitting enter.
3. Right click the connection you use, and select properties.
4. Then Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
5. Then select Properties
Tick the box that reads “Use the following DNS server address” Now that you have your number type the Primary DNS in the top box in the above picture, and the Alternate into the bottom box. Once the Numbers have been entered then hit the OK button.
Flush the DNS
You will now need to Flush your DNS Cache and Register your new servers.
1. Open Start and type CMD, then right-click Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator.
2. Once the Command Prompt Window has appeared enter the following command Ipconfig /flushdns
3. Once that command is done, enter the following command Ipconfig /registerdns
That’s it your DNS servers are now changed, that was simple wasn’t it?