By default Windows 10 saves the last files you used. If you want for some reason that Windows does not show this then you can look into this guide. However if you just want to clear the current list but still want this feature then this guide will show you how to clear your file explorer history / recent files history.
Let’s begin shall we? This will only take a couple of seconds.
How to Clear File Explorer History / Recent Files History?
Method 1: Through File Explorer
1. Open File Explorer.
2. Click on the View tab and then click on the Options button
3. Under the Privacy group you will find “Clear File History History“, simply click the Clear button and your done.
Method 2: Through Control Panel
1. Open Control Panel (Right-click or tap and hold the Windows icon in your taskbar and then choose Control Panel)
2. Click on Appearance and Personalisation
3. Click on File Explorer Options
4. Under the Privacy group you will find “Clear File History History“, simply click the Clear button and your done.
We hope this guide has shown you how to clear your file explorer history / recent files history in Windows 10. If you need more help than feel free to visit our forums where our support staff will help you for free with any other problem you might have. Thanks for reading!