Converting UIF files to ISO so you can Mount them in Windows 10
UIF files are not very common files and are quite the same as ISO files. They are disc images so instead of a physical disc you got the image of a physical disc that’s the only difference really. However while Windows 10 (and Windows 8) are able to mount or burn ISO files they cannot mount, burn or even edit UIF files. The simplest method of using UIF files is just to convert them to ISO.
In this article we will discuss a small tool that I’ve found on the web when I needed to convert an UIF file to another file type which I could use. In this case ISO.
Using UIF to ISO
We will use a small tool called UIF to ISO which you can download from the official website here. It’s a lightweight program that you will need to install before you can use it.
1. Once you’ve downloaded UIF to ISO and installed it simply start it by going to Start and choose / type UIF to ISO.
2. The application will start and you can see right away that it’s a very basic program with a minimal user interface. To be honest it doesn’t even need more information it shows you everything you would possibly want to know.
3. Select your UIF file by clicking on Open
4. Once you’ve done that you can choose to save the file on a different location or in the same folder. The same folder is filled in by default but you can change it if you want.
To change it simply click on Save and choose the location you want to save it to.
5. Once you’ve done that click on Convert and UIF to ISO will start to convert your file to an ISO file. On my system it only takes about 3 seconds to convert a normal disc image however this does depend on your systems speed.
That’s all you’ll have to do to convert UIF files to ISO files on Windows 10 (and Windows 8.1 or older). We hope this article helped you on how to convert and make use of UIF files. If you need more help than feel free to visit our forums where we will help you further for free. Thank you for reading WindowsInstructed.com. We hope to see you again.