Disable Automatic Storage to Onedrive in Windows 8.1
GPEDIT.msc is only available in the Windows 8 / 8.1 Pro and Enterprise versions. If you’re running a different version you cannot use this method.
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard at the same time
- Type gpedit.msc in the run box, and click on OK
- Unfold Computer Configuration
- Unfold Administrative Templates
- Unfold Windows Components
- Unfold Onedrive
- Double-click Save documents and pictures to the local PC by default
- Select Enable
- Then click on OK
You can now exit Gpedit.msc and reboot your device, after the device has rebooted it will no longer save files by default to Onedrive.