Disable / Enable Add/Remove Programs
If you do not want the Add and Remove Program feature in the control panel then you can disable it trough this Registry edit. However do be aware that this does not disable the removal of applications itself. Only the option in the control panel
1. On your keyboard press the Windows flag and the R key at the same time (Windows +R) or open Start.
2. Now type Regedit.exe (1) and click on OK (2)
3. Now Unfold HKEY_CURRENT_USERHKEY_CURRENT_USER/caption]
4. Then Unfold Software
5. Then Unfold Microsoft
6. Then Unfold Windows
7. Then Unfold CurrentVersion
8. Then Unfold Policies
9. Then Unfold Uninstall
10. Now double-click on NoAddRemovePrograms and change the value of NoAddRemovePrograms to 1
If the key does not exists then right-click an empty spot and choose New then choose DWORD.New DWORD/caption]
11. Click on OK and close Regedit. A reboot might be necessary for the changes to take effect upon your system.
If you wish to disable this tweak at a later moment just repeat the steps above and change the value back to the original value, which was 0. If you have any questions about this tweak, please feel free to ask them on our forums