Disable / Enable AutoPlay
When you put a disc, usb or any other removable device into your computer you always get a popup asking you what to do with that device. Which is very nice but can be annoying if you switch the device out very often for example with moving files between two computer. Enabling this option will block autoplay popups from showing
1. On your keyboard press the Windows flag and the R key at the same time (Windows +R) or open Start.
2. Now type Regedit.exe (1) and click on OK (2)Run: Regedit/caption]
3. Now Unfold HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINEHKEY_CURRENT_USER/caption]
4. Then Unfold Software
5. Then Unfold Microsoft
6. Then Unfold Windows
7. Then Unfold CurrentVersion
8. Then Unfold Policies
9. Then Unfold Explorer
10. Now double-click on NoDriveTypeAutoRun and change the value of NoDriveTypeAutoRun to 1
If the key does not exists then right-click an empty spot and choose New then choose DWORD.New DWORD/caption]
11. Click on OK and close Regedit. A reboot might be necessary for the changes to take effect upon your system.
If you wish to disable this tweak at a later moment just repeat the steps above and change the value back to the original value, which was 0. If you have any questions about this tweak, please feel free to ask them on our forums