Download the Windows 10 preview
Finally, Microsoft has released the official download link for the new Windows version. Until today we have known it by the name of Windows ThresHold but we now know that Microsoft will be going with Windows 10. If you’re excited to try the new startmenu, Onedrive integration and the more advanced computer Personalization, just grab your own Windows Copy from the links below. We will update this page regularly with new download links and the latest new features people found in the latest addition to the Windows family.
What does it take to run the latest Windows version
The specifications are the same for Windows 8.1, if you can use that version you should be able to use Windows 10 (Restrictions may apply due to hardware which sometimes don’t get upgraded)
- Processor; 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster.
- RAM; 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit).
- Hard disk space; 20 GB (32-bit) or 24 GB (64-bit).
- Graphics card; Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver.
Before installing the Windows beta
As always you have to prepare your computer before installing any beta software. As wikipedia will learn us: ” It generally begins when the software is feature complete. Software in the beta phase will generally have many more bugs in it than completed software, as well as speed/performance issues and may still cause crashes or data loss. The focus of beta testing is reducing impacts to users, often incorporating usability testing. The process of delivering a beta version to the users is called beta release and this is typically the first time that the software is available outside of the organization that developed it.”.
Checklist before installing the new Windows version
- See If Your System Supports Windows 10
- Create your own System Image Recovery
- Make sure your PC and all your drivers are updated
- Prepare an USB or other installation medium
- Make a backup of all your computer files
- You might want to run the beta alongside your regular installation, so you will have to create an installation partition.
- You can also run it inside virtualization software.
- Understand what beta software is and how you should use it!