Windows 10 by defaults saves the recently opened files in the program’s history and in multiple other places. If you, however, want to disable this then you can easily do this through the Windows Settings. In this tutorial we will show you How to Enable / Disable Recently Opened Items in Windows 10.
Some frequently asked questions
- How to Disable Recently Opened Items in Windows 10
- How to Enable Recently Opened Items in Windows 10
- How to Disable saving video files I played with VLC Media Player
- How to hide Recent files in Windows 10
- How to hide Files in Jump Lists in Windows 10
These questions above are just examples, yours might be different, however, this tutorial will perhaps help you anyway.
How to Enable / Disable Recently Opened Items in Windows 10
1. Open Start and click on Settings
2. Once in Settings choose Personalisation
3. Once in Personalisation choose Start Menu
4. Now scroll down till you find the option “Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the Taskbar”. Turn the slider to Off if you want to hide / disable recently opened items in Windows 10. Turn the slider to On if you want to show / enable recently opened items in Windows 10.
That’s it. It’s really easy when you know where to find this option. We hope this tutorial helped you to disable or enable the Recent Items in the Windows 10 Start Menu or in the Taskbar. If you, however, need more help then feel free to visit our forums where we will help you personally for free with any questions you might still have. Thanks for reading WindowsInstructed.