FIX: api-ms-win-core-libraryloader-l1-1-1.dll is missing from your computer
For some time users can upgrade to Windows 10 using the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant released by Microsoft. Using
However, some users experience problems using this tool and receive the message that
Step 1: Finding wimgapi
The first step you’ll have to take it to find WimGAPI.dll on your system. It’s located in this System32 folder of your system.
Open File Exporer
- Go to your operating system disk and then go to Windows
- Find the folder System32
- Scroll until you find the file wimgapi.dll or use the search box.
- Right-click the file and choose Copy
Step 2: Moving the file
Once you’ve found the file you can use it to resolve the error message you were receiving. Simply copy the file from the system32 folder and paste it in the Windows10Update folder.
- Go to your operating system disk and open the folder Windows10Update
- Right-click an empty location in the folder and click on Paste
- Replace the file if promted.
Step 3: Restart Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant
Once you’ve executed all the steps above, simply restart the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant. No worries, all downloaded files will still be there and will not have to be redownloaded.