Some people have reported problems when attempting to remove / delete files in the APPDATA folder. This problem seems to especially appearing when attempting to remove files ending with the .minecraft file extension. In this guide we will show you a way that should solve this problem.
The following problems also seem to occur:
- Removing the file
- Renaming the file
- and Moving the file
FIX: “Invalid MS-DOS function” while trying to delete/uninstall files
1. Press Windows key + R and type regedit, and then press ENTER or OK.
2. Unfold HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
3. Unfold SOFTWARE
4. Unfold Policies
5. Unfold Microsoft
6. Unfold Windows
7. Unfold System
8. Then right-click an empty area and choose New -> DWORD Value
9. Type CopyFileBufferedSynchronousIo and press ENTER
10. Right-Click CopyFileBufferedSynchronousIo and then click Modify
11. In the value box type 1. Then click on OK
12. Reboot your system and attempt to delete, remove or rename the file again.
We hope this guide solved the problem for you. If you still experience this issue then feel free to ask for more help on our forums.