Sometimes the NVIDIA drivers on your system become corrupted, damaged or Windows Update simply installs an older one which is causing problems. Lately many people seem to be experiencing the message “NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 358.87 stopped responding and has successfully recovered” popping up while watching a movie, playing a game or doing anything else graphical on the system.
In this article we will explain how to reinstall the Nvidia drivers and hopefully solve this problem on your system.
Resolving NVIDIA Driver Issues.
1. Download the latest drivers for your system from NVIDIA.com. If you know which video card you have click here and download the correct one. If you are unsure if your running Windows 32 bits or 64 and / or not sure which video card you have then download the automated detection tool here.
2. Once the installer has finished downloading you can open the Installer.
3. First select where the installation files will be saved once the files are saved the installer will automatically start.
4. Wait for the System Check to complete
5. Read the software license and then if you agree with it. click on Agree and Continue
6. Then choose Custom (Advanced)
7. Then check the box “Perform a clean installation.
8. Click on Next and follow the instructions of the NVIDIA Driver Installation program.
Once the installation has finished make sure that you reboot your system. Then just start using the computer like you did before, you should now no longer experience any driver crashes and “NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 358.87 stopped responding and has successfully recovered” errors. If you however still receive them then feel free to ask for personal help on our forums where we will be able to help you solve this annoying issue.