FIX: The hosted network couldn’t be started
There have been some posts on the internet with the following error “The hosted network couldn’t be started” this error occurs when you try to setup a Hotspot trough your Wi-Fi modem of your device
Step 1: Make sure your Wi-Fi is turned on
It might sound stupid, but double check if your network card is actually enabled and Wi-Fi is turned on, this error also occurs when you do not have it turned on. So Double Check it!
Step 2: Do you actually support Sharing?
1. Open Command Prompt by pressing the Windows + R key at the same time, then type cmd.exe and hit enter
2. Once Command Prompt has opened enter the following command: “netsh wlan show drivers”
3. Make sure that Hosted network supported says Yes.
If you receive a No there, then your computer does not support Sharing this way. There is no solution.
Step 3: Allow the device to enable the device in Power Saving mode.
1. On your keyboard press the Windows + R key at the same time, then type devmgmt.msc
2. Device Manager should now be open, unfold Network Adapters
3. Now right-click your network card, and select Properties
4. Properties should now be open, go to the Power Management tab.
5. Make sure that under the Power Management tab, “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” is checked
Step 4: Make sure Sharing is active.
1. Press the Windows + R key at the same time and type “ncpa.cpl” then hit enter.
2. The network connections window should now have opened, right-click your connection and choose Properties
3. Go to the Sharing Tab, and check if “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection” and “Establish a dail-up connection whenever a computer on my network attempt to connect the internet” are checked / enabled.
4. Click on OK and save the settings, now try and see if the problems are solved.
I hope you were able to solve the error The hosted network couldn’t be started by following this tutorial.