We have seen an increase in people reporting problems with update KB3022345, they get the error message 800F0922 and cannot complete the installation. We have seen some promising solutions across the internet, and want to share them with you.
Solution 1: Uninstall KB3045999, and then install KB3022345
A user on Microsoft Answers reported that uninstalling a update might solve this issue, not a random one but specific one: KB3045999. In the guide below we will show you each step, step by step.
1. Begin by opening the Control Panel, by right-clicking the Windows logo, then choose Control Panel. On a touch enabled device, you can touch and hold the Windows icon, then choose Control Panel.
2. Then within the Control Panel click on Programs.
3. Then click on View Installed Updates
4. This can take a while, depending on how many Windows Updates you have installed on your system, wait for the list to load and then find KB3045999.
5. Uninstall KB3045999, and when prompted to reboot your device, Do not do it!
6. Open Windows Update and install update KB3022345, only KB3022345! not any other updates.
7. Reboot your device.
8. Install update KB3045999 trough Windows Update
9. Reboot your device
The update should now have been installed on your system without any error messages popping up, if this fails, then please try our next step.
Solution 2: General Troubleshooting
If the above steps did not help with getting KB3022345 installed and you still receive errors then our General Windows Update troubleshooting guide might help you solve this problem. If it does not then feel free to visit our free forums to get personal help with your problem.