In this tutorial we will explain how to hide Inactive Drive Letters from This PC or My Computer in Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7. If you have an SD Card reader for example, if you want to show or hide inactive drives then this tutorial will help you accomplish that.
By default Windows will hide empty drives from your overview in This PC. However you can of course change that setting.
How to Show / Hide Inactive Drive Letters
1. Open File Explorer (Before Windows 10, Windows Explorer)
2. Click on View (Windows 7 Users, click on Organize, then Folder Options, skip then to step 5)
3. Click on Options
4. Click on Change Folder and Search Options
5. Click on View
6. Scroll till you find the option: Hide Empty Drivers
7. If you wish to show empty drives then remove the check from Hide Empty Drivers, if you want to hide Empty Drivers then check the box Hide Empty drivers.
8. When you changed the setting, click on OK to confirm the changes.
That was it, it’s very simple if you know where to search for it, we hope this tutorial helped you change the setting to show or hide Inactive Drive Letters in Windows 10, Windows 8 and Windows 7. If you need more help with this then feel free to visit our forums, we’re we can assist you personally for free.