How to Hide the Notification Area
Some users don’t like the notifications tray that Windows has by default in the right-corner of the screen, yes the one with the time and date. You can disable this by editing a registry value. And it’s quite easy. We’ll explain it below
Running Windows 10? Use 10Tweaker!
Are you currently running Windows 10? Then why not use 10Tweaker? Developed by WindowsInstructed for tweaking your Windows experience without endangering your system. You can download it by clicking on the button below.
10Tweaker includes more then 100 tweaks, including this one!
1. On your keyboard press the Windows flag and the R key at the same time (Windows +R) or open Start.
2. Now type Regedit.exe (1) and click on OK (2)
3. Now Unfold HKEY_CURRENT_USER
4. Then Unfold Software
5. Then Unfold Microsoft
6. Then Unfold Windows
7. Then Unfold CurrentVersion
8. Then Unfold Policies
9. Then Unfold Explorer
8. Now double-click on NoTrayItemsDisplay and change the value of NoTrayItemsDisplay to 1
If they key does not exist, then right-click an empty location and choose New -> DWORD
9. Click on OK and close Regedit. A reboot might be neccesarry for the changes to take effect upon your system.
If you wish to disable this tweak at a later moment just repeat the steps above and change the value back to the orginal value, which was 0. If you have any questions regarding this tweak, please feel free to ask them.