Windows, for years, has the option to change the icon of a folder to an icon of your choosing. Making it easier to recognize your folders and what you designed them for.
In this tutorial, we will take a look at “How to change Folder Icons in Windows 10” and explaining in detail how to change the icon. Let’s get started shall we?
How to change Folder Icons in Windows 10
1. First of all, navigate to the folder you want to change the icon of.
2. Once you located the folder, right-click the folder and choose Properties.
3. Once the Properties window has opened, click on Customize.
4. Then once the Customize tab is shown, click on Change icon…
5. You can now choose from the icons that are included in the default shell32.dll.
You can also set the icon to any icon you like from another application for example the icon of Microsoft Word by browsing to the folder where the program is installed and then choose the .exe file of the program as shown below.
How to set a downloaded icon as Folder Icon?
If you’ve downloaded an icon you fancy and want to set it up as the icon for a particular folder, or perhaps folders then you can simply repeat steps 1 to 5 from above. However then click on browse and browse to the folder where you downloaded the icon. The icons have to be .ico to be able to use it as an icon for a folder.