“A few days back, I was stuck in a situation in which I need to download Office 365 emails to other storage devices such as external hard drive. But, I do not know where does Office 365 emails on my PC. I need an instant or reliable solution to export Office 365 mailbox to the hard drive. If you know how to download emails from Office 365, then please let me know. Thanks.”
Does this query seem familiar to you? Are you finding the same question? Well, do not panic. In this write-up, we will discuss a complete process to resolve the issue. All users have to read till the end of this post.
Microsoft Office 365 is a cloud storage device that offers multiple services. Among all applications, one is Outlook Web App or OWA. This is one of the main reasons due to which many small and large-sized companies that switch to it. Some people always face the need to download emails from Office 365 to hard drive.
This post explains a direct approach to download Office 365 mailbox to desktop. Along with this, a commercial solution is also advisable, which ensures an easy data backup and low-risk factor.
2 Methods to Download Office 365 Emails Easily
There are different ways through which one can easily save Office 365 email. It can also be saved to the desktop or any other drive locally. Here are some methods on how to download emails from Office 365 to hard drive.
Method#1: Save Office 365 Emails to PST
One of the manual methods suggests exporting emails to PST file format. MS Outlook automatically creates PST file for complete mailbox. One can choose selective items to switch to a new PST file saved with .pst format. For this, Outlook application should be installed on the machine. Follow the below steps:
- First of all, configure Office 365 account on MS Outlook application.
- Then, click on File menu and choose Import/export option.
- After that, this will show the Import and Export Wizard.
- Next, select an option Export to a File.
- Choose Outlook data file to save mailbox to PST file format.
- Now, make sure to check the box next to Include Subfolders.
- At last, click Finish button to start export process.
Challenges Faced While Using Manual Procedure
- Tedious and Lengthy Procedure: Some activities like account configuration, exporting from email application, etc., can lead to a tiresome process for users. They find this solution to be a lengthy process.
- Outlook Expertise Required: This approach should be performed with concentration because if any issues occur then a normal user cannot fix it and will require Microsoft Outlook experts to resolve all issues.
Method#2: Opt for Automated Approach
To overcome all drawbacks of manual approach, you can go for an alternative solution named as Office 365 Backup tool. It is a powerful strategy by which users can easily save emails from Office 365 to local server/ desktop/ hard drive. It is capable enough to backup selected items, i.e., emails & documents or full backup mailbox data to PST format. It is also operable by a novice user as it endows a simple and user-friendly interface.
Apart from such features, another impressive feature offered by this tool is Schedule Backup. It gives different scheduling options to automatically create backup of Office 365 mailboxes such as One Time, Daily, Weekly, and Monthly. Users can freely choose any option as per their requirement. Even when users want to restore complete data back, then download PST file of it using this software. So, we can say that it is the best way to prevent Outlook 365 mailbox data after Outlook crash.
Step by Step Procedure to Download O365 Mailbox Data
- Step 1: Launch the Office 365 Export Tool and, then enter Office 365 account credentials. Now, click on Authenticate to validate account.
- Step 2: Choose the desired items that you want to export like Mails or Documents. Just tick the box corresponding to the required data item.
- Step 3: Select time as per your choice and Browse a specific location for the resultant file.
- Step 4: Eventually, click Finish button to start the process.
Time to Conclude
Backing up emails is always a good idea in today’s arena. Sometimes, users may face difficulty in downloading Office 365 emails to a desktop or local machine. Thus, in this blog, we have discussed both manual and automated solutions on how to download emails from Office 365 to hard drive. So, one can try any of the workarounds as per their choice. To download O365 emails to hard drive without losing data, it is recommended to make use of an alternate solution.