Alarabeyes is a browser hijacker, which means it changes your default start page and search engine, so you will use their site to do search queries and see their ads. It mostly comes from freeware installers which download and install alarabeyes in the background
Uninstall it from Programs and Features
The most important thing at this moment is to remove the root files from your system, so that the program cannot re-install itself or keep reactivating itself.
1. Open the Control Panel
1) Open Start and search for Control Panel or Right-click the Start button and choose Control Panel
2. Now go to Programs
3. Now click on Uninstall a program
4. Find Alarabeyes and right-click it, then choose Uninstall.
Once the removal is completed, continue to the next step.
Run Adwcleaner to remove Alarabeyes
AdwCleaner is a tool made by Xplode and is a free removal tool for Adware, PUPs, Toolbars and Hijackers.
1. Download Adwcleaner from toolslib here: Download ADWCleaner
2. Run the downloaded program as Administrator
3. Now click on Scan, a scan will be started on your system, depending on your system it’s performance this can take several minutes to complete.
4. After the scan has completed, click on the Cleaning button, first make sure it’s not deleting vital files, by viewing all the tabs.
5. Now, wait for the process to complete, a question to reboot will show up, reboot and then continue to the next step.
To make sure all the infections are really gone now, we are going to run a MalwareBytes scan and remove any remaining infections and infections you might have that you don’t know about yet.
1. Download MalwareBytes from the original website
2. Install the MalwareBytes and then, if it asks, update the program.
3. After the program is installed and updated if necessary, run a scan by clicking on Scan Now
4. Wait for the scan to complete, depending on your system its performance this can take several minutes to hours.
5. Remove the infections from your system by following the steps given by MalwareBytes and then reboot your system.
The infection should now have been removed from your system, if it has not then please run MalwareBytes again, or ask for help.
Remove Alarabeyes from Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, with Adware Removal Tool.
1. Download Adware removal tool to your desktop, right-click the program and select Run as Administrator.
2. Click the Scan button, allow the scan to complete, this could take some time depending on your computer’s performance.
3. Hit OK.
4. Hit next making sure to leave all items ticked, for removal.
5. The Program will close all open programs to complete the removal, so save any work and hit OK. Then hit OK after the removal process is complete then OK again to finish up.
Remove the Alarabeyes leftovers with Eset Online Scanner
Now lets move onto the ESET online Scanner. Temporarily disable your Anti-Virus. If you are unsure how to disable your current virus scanners, Follow this guide.
1. Click Here to download the scanner, and save it to your desktop.
2. Right-Click the download program, on your desktop and click Run as Administrator.
3. Tick the box to accept the terms (if you Accept the terms of course), then click Start.
4. Make sure all the settings are the same as the picture below.
5. This scan can take a long time, be patient it is normal.
6. Make sure to tick uninstall application on close, also delete quarantined files.
Remove Alarabeyes from your browsers.
At this point you may need to reset your browsers to default settings, to ensure all traces of the infection is gone.
To Prevent this type of infection happening again, I suggest you download and install Unchecky. This software will prevent unwanted software, being installed by you unknowingly.
You should now reboot your machine again at this point. I hope this guide has helped you remove Alarabeyes from your computer.