Some people don’t want to sign-in with their password, pin, Windows Hello or any other authorization method when waking their computer from sleep. In this article, we will help you to accomplish this. In this article we will help you to remove password requirement when the computer awakes from sleep in Windows 10.
Remove password requirement using the Windows 10 Settings
1. Right-click the Windows icon in your taskbar and choose Settings
2. Once in settings click on Account and then Sign-in Options
3. Under require sign-in choose Never
You should now no longer require to login when waking up your system. If you still require a password then you might have your Group Policy Settings set this way. You can change that following the steps below.
Disable Password Requirement through Group Policies.
1. Hit the Windows and R key at the same time on your keyboard
2. Type gpedit.msc and press enter.
3. Click on Local Group Policy Editor
4. Click on Computer Configuration
5. Click on Administrative Templates
6. Click on System
7. Click on Power Management
7. Double-click Sleep Settings
8. Double click on “Require a password when a computer wakes”
8. Choose Disable and click on Apply and OK.
You should now restart your system and test if the password requirement when the computer awakes from sleep is gone.
We hope this article helped you solve your question. If you still need help feel free to comment and we’ll try to help you.