How-to Remove www-searching.com
www-searching is a browser hijacker which is promoted by freeware programs during their installation. Once a freeware installer installed this Browser Hijacker it changes your homepage and search page of all browsers to that of www-searching.com
This infection is also known as:
Tips to prevent this infection in the future
- Be vigilant when installing freeware, never accept Terms of programs during the installation that you did not want to install.
- Always choose Custom Installation and make sure only the program you wanted is installed.
Uninstall it from Programs and Features
The most important thing at this moment is to remove the root files from your system, so that the program cannot re-install itself or keep reactivating itself.
1. Open the Control Panel
1) Open Start and search for Control Panel or Right-click the Start button and choose Control Panel
2. Now go to Programs
3. Now click on Uninstall a program
4. Find www-searching and right-click it, then choose Uninstall.
Once the removal is completed, continue to the next step. If you cannot find the mentioned program then skip this step and continue with the next step.
AdwCleaner is a tool made by Xplode and is a free removal tool for Adware, PUPs, Toolbars and Hijackers.
1. Download Adwcleaner from toolslib here: Download ADWCleaner
2. Run the downloaded program as Administrator
3. Now click on Scan, a scan will be started on your system, depending on your system its performance this can take several minutes to complete.
4. After the scan has completed, click on the Cleaning button, first make sure it’s not deleting vital files, by viewing all the tabs.
5. Now, wait for the process to complete, a question to reboot will show up, reboot and then continue to the next step.
To make sure all the infections are really gone now, we are going to run a malwarebytes scan and remove any remaining infections and infections you might have that you don’t know about yet.
1. Download MalwareBytes from the orginal website
2. Install the MalwareBytes and then, if it asks, update the program.
3. After the program is installed and updated if necessary, run a scan by clicking on Scan Now
4. Wait for the scan to complete, depending on your system its performance this can take several minutes to hours.
5. Remove the infections from your system by after the steps given by MalwareBytes and then reboot your system.
The infection should now be removed from your system, if it has not then please run MalwareBytes again, or ask for help.