The world knows many time zones, especially on devices you carry around changing the time zone might be useful. Devices like a laptop, a Microsoft surface or anything else you carry around to different time zones do not always update their time zone. This could bring you into problems if you have appointments and your time doesn’t match the meeting time…
In this tutorial, we will show you how you can turn on that Windows 10 automatically changes the Time Zone to the correct one. Windows will first look where you are and then set the Time Zone accordingly to your location.
Perhaps you also like one of these guides:
- How to Change the Time Zone in Windows 10
- How to Set Multiple Clocks for different time zones in Windows 10
Let’s begin by turning on the automatic time zone changing function in Windows 10 shall we?
How to Set Time Zone Automatically in Windows 10
You can change the current time zone and therefor the main clock on your system. We will show you below how you do that.
1. Click on the Clock in your taskbar
2. Once the calendar opens, click on Date and Time Settings as shown in the image below
3. Scroll down till you find the option called “Set time zone automatically” and turn this one if you want Windows to automatically set your time zone
That’s all. Windows will now automatically look from time to time if your location has changed and update the time zone accordingly. Especially if you travel much this feature is really handy. If you still have questions on how to set Windows to automatically update your time zone then feel free to visit our forums where we will be glad to assist you further.