Are you the only user of your system and don’t want to be prompted for a your credentials every single time you logon? Then you can easily disable this by disabling that users need to enter credentials before they can use the system.[symple_box color=”yellow” fade_in=”false” float=”center” text_align=”left” width=””] You need to be signed in to an Administrator to execute these steps.
Disabling the need for a password to use the computer
1. Open start and type netplwiz then click on Netplwiz.
1. Press the Windows + R key at the same time, then in the run window type Netplwiz and hit enter.
2. Click on the user you wish to automatically sign into
3. Uncheck the box: Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer
4. Now click Apply and enter the password for this account (if it had one)
5. Now click OK and click OK again.
Windows should now no longer ask for a username and password after it booted.[symple_box color=”black” fade_in=”false” float=”center” text_align=”left” width=””] This does not disable the requirement for a password after the computer is started from standby or hibernation. To disable that read this article
highly helpful article !
This article is so great and useful !!! I did successfully. Thank you very much !!
I had mine setup this way then for some reason it reverted. So I went back into Netplwiz and the box was UNCHECKED…yet it was still requiring me to input password. So I checked, unchecked then it asked for my PW to verify…now it’s not asking again. Still sick of the strong-arm tactics for passwords.
since an upgrade on windows 10 this week, I cannot get netplwiz to work, before the upgrade it worked ok , is there any other way to get rid of password, I am only user on this PC no one else lives here
Thank you for this article, its weird how Windows 10 almost gives us no choice but to sign in every time on our own computers.