How-to Turn off Notifications in Windows 8 and Windows 10
Running Windows 10? Use our Registry Editor!
Are you currently running Windows 10? Then why not use 10Tweaker? Developed by WindowsInstructed for tweaking your Windows experience without endangering your system. You can download it by clicking on the button below. It includes more then 100 tweaks!
Method 1: Local Group Policy Editor
1. Press the Windows + R key on your keyboard
2. A run Window will appear, now type gpedit.msc and click on OK
If you get an message that the program cannot be found, then your Windows version does not have Group Policy editor, it’s only included in Windows 8 Pro, Enterprise en Windows 10 Pro (and higher) skip to the registry edit method
3. Under User Configuration unfold Administrative Templates
4. Now Unfold Start Menu and Taskbar
5. Now Unfold Notifications
6. Double-click Turn off Toast Notifications and choose Enabled
7. Click on OK and then close Group Policy Editor
You might need to sign-out and sign-in for the changes to take effect.
Method 2: Registry Edit
1. On your keyboard press the Windows flag and the R key at the same time (Windows +R) or open Start.
2. Now type Regedit.exe (1) and click on OK (2)
3. Now Unfold HKEY_CURRENT_USER
4. Then Unfold Software
5. Then Unfold Policies
6. Then Unfold Microsoft
7. Then Unfold Windows
8. Then Unfold CurrentVersion
9. Then Unfold PushNotifications
10. Now double-click on NoToastApplicationNotification and change the value of NoToastApplicationNotification to 1
If the key does not exists then right-click an empty spot and choose New then choose DWORD.
11. Click on OK and close Regedit. A reboot might be neccesarry for the changes to take effect upon your system.
If you wish to disable this tweak at a later moment just repeat the steps above and change the value back to the orginal value, which was 0. If you have any questions regarding this tweak, please feel free to ask them.