How to watch FLV videos on Windows 10
FLV Video’s or Flash Video’s are not supported by Windows Media Player by default, however, you can make Windows Media Player able to read FLV video’s by installing a codec pack. Alternatively, you can also download an alternative video player which does, in fact, play every single type of video file you can imagine.
Depending on what you want you should follow one of our instructions below:
- I want to watch FLV videos in Microsoft Media Player
- I want to watch FLV videos in an alternative video player
1. I want to watch FLV videos in Microsoft Media Player
If you want to watch FLV video’s in Microsoft Media Player then you need to install a media codec pack. a codec is a sort of software on a computer that is capable of encoding and decoding video’s and audio data from files, web streams, and broadcasts.
1. Head over to this link and download the media player codec pack.
2. Once you’ve downloaded the media codec pack you can start the installer and follow the instructions to install the media codec pack on your computer.
Once you’ve installed the media codec pack, while the program does not tell you, I suggest you reboot your computer. Once your computer is rebooted it should be able to play FLV files in Windows Media Player.
2. I want to watch FLV videos in an alternative video player
There are quite a number of alternative video players, however, I personally suggest you use VLC Media Player. VLC Media Player supports almost any type of video file and audio file and has never let me down before. While there are many more alternatives they all do seem to have issues while VLC Media Player does not seem to have those problems.
You can download and install VLC Media Player from here.
Once you’ve installed VLC Media Player you should be able to play any video and audio file including FLV video’s in VLC Media Player.
In the end, it’s your choice which software you which to use. I personally prefer VLC Media Player over Windows Media Player. However using Media Player Codec pack you can play almost any type of file in Windows Media Player. We hope this tutorial helped you on how to play FLV videos on Windows 10.