How-to Windows 8 dual-boot with Windows 10 Technical Preview
- Windows 8 or 7
- At least 20GB free space
- Windows 10 ISO (Download it here) burned on a DVD disk.
- Your system must be set to boot from a DVD.
- Your system must have 2 or more partitions
Installing Windows 10
1. Start your Windows 8 machine with the Windows 10 installation disc in the drive.
2. Wait for the message `Press any key to start….´ to show and click any key
3. Windows Setup will start, choose your language, keyboard …. and click Next
4. Click the Install Now button
5. Click Custom Installation
6. Choose a Partition where no current Windows Installation is installed on
7. Now wait! Write down the Drive and Partition number of the drive (it’s marked in a red box in above image) where Windows 8 is installed on! Then click Next.
8. Wait for the installation to finish. Windows 10 will automatically start.
9. Complete the set-up of your account and so on. Continue if you see the Windows 10 desktop.
10. Windows 10 is now successfully installed, reboot your device and you will automatically see the Windows Boot Loader.
We hope you were succesful in installing Windows 10 in Dual-Boot with Windows 8 (or 7) If you have any problems then please comment, please add the things you wrote down in Step 7 to your comments 😉