This error is very common within Windows and can appear after trying to start a freshly installed program, or after you’ve just cleaned your Windows. It’s fairly easy to solve in most cases, since all you have to do is reinstall Microsoft C++ Redistributable. We’ll shall go step by step through the things you’ll have to do.
This guide is written for Windows 8.1 but works for Windows 8 and 7 as well!
You are receiving one of the following error’s
- MSVCR100.DLL is missing from your computer.
- MSVCR80.DLL is missing from your computer.
- msvcr100.dll is missing
- msvcr100.dll was not found
- msvcr100.dll is missing from your computer
Determining your system architecture.
To reinstall Microsoft C++ Redistributable it’s very important to know if your running Windows 8.1 64 bits or 32 bits, if you download the wrong one it will simply not start or will not fix your issue.
If you’re sure which version you’re running, then you can simply skip to step 2.
- Open the right charm bar by moving your mouse to the top right corner.
- Click on Settings
- Click on PC Info
- Press the Windows and W key at the same time
- Type PC Info
- Hit enter.
Downloading Microsoft C++ Redistributable Package
Now that we can what kind of architecture your system is running on we can begin downloading the redistributable package.
If you have a 32 bits operating system you need to download this package: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328
If you have a 64 bits operating system you need to download this package: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523
Installing the package
After your download has finished click on Run and start the application.
- The package will automatically extract all required files, wait for this to finish.
- Following the instructions of the installer
- After the installation has completed you’ll need to restart your system
I receive an error when trying to install the package
- Make sure you downloaded the right package for your system.
- Make sure your signed in as Administrator
The package seems to be installed already
Try to repair your current installation and see if the problem is solved.
After rebooting your system
Try to see if the applications now fully function again, if they do not then ask for help on a computer support website or leave a comment behind so we can help you.
There are important warnings for this problem:
- If your still experiencing problems, then never run DLL Doctors or any other system doctors, they will not fix your problem