Office 365 Shared Mailbox Export to PST | No PowerShell & Limitations
The most pivotal reason why users might want to export Office 365 shared mailbox is the limited storage. By default, the shared mailbox has 50 GB of cloud storage space. To get more memory at least Exchange Online Plan 1 and 2 is required to maintain the data in the mailbox. Perhaps, it is not possible for many organizations to get a subscription plan. Plus, it also becomes difficult to manage the messages that flooded in shared mailbox inbox after exceeding the default limit. So, it is worth to export emails from a shared mailbox on desktop and wipe-out the emails from Office 365 cloud to make new space.
Fortunately, there is a remarkable method that makes it easy to export an offline copy of shared mailbox emails on the system. Adding to it, no single message will lose in the process. Here in this article, we are going to shed light on a comprehensive technique that uses to export Office 365 shared mailbox to PST file.
So, let’s get started!
A technique to Export Office 365 Shared Mailbox to PST On Designated Location
Shared mailbox plays a key role to manage emails on the basis of different departments in an Organization. Hence, every message sent or received by this mailbox is crucial. So, it is important to choose a reliable approach that can safely deal with such critical data. For this, SysTools Office 365 Export Software is the right choice.
This software provides a trustworthy way to export data from Office 365 shared mailbox on the local system into multiple formats such as PST, EML, and MSG. In fact, it offers multiple remarkable features such as-
- Automatic export Office 365 shared mailbox, primary or administrator mailbox with unlimited retention period.
- Export data exactly what you needed from O365 shared mailbox on on-premise location.
- The software can be operated by a single user or Office 365 administrator.
- Facility to save a summary report of the complete export process.
- Dynamic search option to filter out the specific mailbox(es) for backup.
- Easily configured in all Windows Operating system, including 32 & 64 bit.
After getting an in-detailed picture of the software, let’s check out how it works.
Guide to Export Emails From Office 365 Shared Mailbox
- Download SysTool Office 365 Export tool and installed on your Windows system.
- Once the tool setup in the system, launch it.
- On the welcome screen, there is an interface that looks like Office 365 sign-in page. Here, enter the Office 365 administrator credential. Plus, tick the box labeled as Is Admin and hit Sign In button.
- It takes a few seconds to validate the account. Once it is verified, all the mailbox(es) uploaded by the software, including a shared mailbox. If you find difficulty to search shared mailbox from the list of loaded mailboxes, then use the Search feature of the software. In the search box, type initial of mailbox name like we type ‘support’ because of our shared mailbox name start with it and hit Search.
- As soon as you clicked on Search, all the shared mailbox list out on the detailed panel. Here, you are free to choose single, multiple or all mailbox(es). Then, click on Next.
- On the following window, you need to select a file format in which data of Office 365 shared mailbox(es) will save. There are three options available i.e., Outlook PST, MSG, and EML.
- If you wish to save emails of the particular time interval, then go with the Date Filter option. To use this, check the box corresponding to Date Filter and click on Set. A pop-up appears, set up a range of date and click on OK to apply it.
- Browse a location where copy of shared mailbox(es) email will going to be saved. Now, you have two option, either opt for exiting folder or create a new one using the Make New Folder feature. Once you select the folder, click on OK.
- Now, to export Office 365 shared mailbox into PST, click on Start button.
- The real-time status of Office 365 export shared mailbox process can be seen in the software framework. You can clearly see the information regarding O365 user ID, count of emails/ contacts/ calendars/ Tasks, and progress of the procedure.
- Once the emails get backed up in the desired format, an acknowledgment message pops-up on the screen. Click OK on it.
- You can also save the activity report of the entire process in CSV on the system by clicking on the Save Report option.
- You will get the following historical information on the export process in the summary report.
>> User Email Addresses
>> Details of Mails/Calendars/Tasks/Contacts
Once you save the messages on the desired location, then delete those emails from a shared mailbox and free up memory space.
Few Closing Thoughts
That’s all about how to export Office 365 shared mailbox to PST on the local machine. By following the above message, there is no need to take any kind of license when data is available more than the mailbox limit. Just export a copy of messages on your system as per the need and wipe-out mails from shared mailbox cloud storage.