Loving your setup of the Windows Taskbar and Start Menu too much to get it destroyed by mistake? Then this tweak will help you, it will help you prevent changes to the taskbar and menu start from happening on accident or by someone else who is using your computer.
Running Windows 10? Use our Registry Editor!
Are you currently running Windows 10? Then why not use 10Tweaker? Developed by WindowsInstructed for tweaking your Windows experience without endangering your system. You can download it by clicking on the button below. It includes more then 100 tweaks!Download
[symple_box color=”yellow” fade_in=”false” float=”center” text_align=”left” width=””]
Registry Editing can be dangerous and should be done with care. Please make a restore point before editing your registry. If you have doubts about what you are doing, then stop immediately and ask for support in the comments. We would like to remind you that editing your registry is at your own risk. If done wrong Registry Editing can lead to system corruption and might even render your system unusable resulting in re-installation of your operating system.
1. On your keyboard press the Windows flag and the R key at the same time (Windows +R) or open Start.
2. Now type Regedit.exe (1) and click on OK (2)
3. Now Unfold HKEY_CURRENT_USER
4. Then Unfold SOFTWARE
5. Then Unfold Microsoft
6. Then Unfold Windows
7. Then Unfold CurrentVersion
8. Then Unfold Policies
9. Then Unfold Explorer
10. Now double-click on NoSetTaskbar and change the value of NoSetTaskbar to 1
If the key does not exists then right-click an empty spot and choose New then choose DWORD.
11. Click on OK and close Regedit. A reboot might be neccesarry for the changes to take effect upon your system.
If you wish to disable this tweak at a later moment just repeat the steps above and change the value back to the orginal value, which was 0. If you have any questions regarding this tweak, please feel free to ask them.