Prevent Windows 10 from Automatically Restarting After Updating
Windows 10 by defaults automatically prompts for a restart. This period is however very long but some users really don’t want Windows to decide to reboot after X minutes have passed. We will explain how you turn this off.
Turning off Automatic Restart
1. Press the Windows + R button on your keyboard and type GPEdit.msc.
1. Open Start and type gpedit.msc and hit enter
2. Unfold Administrative Templates under Computer Configuration.
3. Unfold Windows Components.
4. Click on the Windows Update folder.
5. Double-click on No Auto-Restart with logged on users for scheduled automatic update installations.
6. Check the Enabled box.
7. Click on OK
8. Close Group Policy Editor
These settings only take effect after a system reboot. We hope you liked this tutorial.