We’ve seen quite a lot of reports of people their computers showing symptoms of randomly opening new tabs and displaying a page with “Hello new user” and a ton of advertisements on the page. We currently haven’t figured out what really causes it, but it does sound like an malware infection.
In this tutorial we will show you the steps you can take to remove this potential malware from your system. As we’ve said, we are not yet sure that it’s really malware but scanning and removing malware never hurts does it?
Before we start
You need at least 2 hours to complete all steps.
Severity: Low Impact
Browser Hijackers normally do not spread through your network.
You need to be signed-in to an Account with Administrative rights.
Please print or open the instructions on another device, since you need to reboot your system several times.
A backup of all your files is advised.
Warning: Only make a backup if you’re sure your only infected with a Browser Hijacker, if you’re infected with any other kind of malware then the backup might get infected.
Remove Upgrade4maintainance.theonlinelive.net with Reason Core Security
1. Download and Install Reason Core Security, from this link
2. Click or Tap on Home
3. Choose to run a Full Scan by clicking / tapping on the drop-down menu and then click or tap on Full Scan.
4. Depending on your system’s performance the scan may take a while. Wait for the scan to complete and then follow the instructions given by Reason Core Security, removing all Infections found on your system.
Remove Upgrade4maintainance.theonlinelive.net with AdwCleaner
1. Download Adware-Cleaner and save it to any location you like.
2. Go to the folder where Adware Cleaner was downloaded.
3. Then Right-click the icon, and click or tap on Run as Administrator.
4. A UAC (User Account Control) Notice may appear, click on Yes to confirm that you want to run AdwCleaner as Administrator. Then to begin the scanning progress click or tap on the Scan button.
5. Wait for the scan to complete. Depending on your systems performance this may take a while. When the scan has finished read through all the results it found to make sure no mistakes were made by the program. Then click or tap on the Cleaning button.
6. Wait for the cleaning process to finish. When it’s done click on the Uninstall button to remove AdwCleaner from your system.
Remove Upgrade4maintainance.theonlinelive.net with Adware Removal Tool.
1. Download Adware removal tool
2. Right-Click the icon and select Run as Administrator
3. After Adware Removal Tool has started, click on the Scan button.
4. After the scan has completed a message will appear on your screen click on OK to get the results.
5. Now click the Next button
The Program will close all open programs to complete the removal, so save any work and hit OK. Then hit OK after the removal process is complete, then OK again to finish up.
Remove Upgrade4maintainance.theonlinelive.net from your computer with Junkware Removal Tool.
Junkware Removal Tool will remove Upgrade4maintainance.theonlinelive.netUpgrade4maintainance.theonlinelive.netUpgrade4maintainance.theonlinelive.net adware from your machine, with just a few simple clicks
1. Download Junkware-RemovalTool andsave it to any location you want.
2. Then right-cilck or press and hold the Junkware Removal Tool Icon icon,
3. Choose to Run as Administrator.
4. To initialize the Junkware removal scan, click on any button.
5. Once the scan is completed a complete log will appear on your desktop, this log will contain everything that was removed during the scan.
Run MalwareBytes to make sure everything is gone.
1. Download MalwareBytes from the official website.
2. Install and Update MalwareBytes to ensure all databases are fully up to date with the latest definitions.
3. Start MalwareBytes and then click on the big Scan Now button.
4. Wait for the scan to complete. Depending on your systems performance this may take a while.
5. When the scan has finished, check all boxes and click on Remove Selected
Finally if this step is needed, then please reset your browsers to default.
At this point you may need to reset your browsers to default settings, to make sure all traces of Upgrade4maintainance.theonlinelive.net, are completely gone.
If you have any questions about this tutorial, or your machine is still infected with Upgrade4maintainance.theonlinelive.net pop-up ads and you would like help, please feel free to Sign up and post in our Virus, Spyware and Malware Removal Help forum