Luckysearches is a browser hijacker, which is promoted and distributed via free downloads, and once installed it will change your browser homepage and default search engine to LuckySearches. Many of these browser hijackers are quite harmless but very annoying to the end user, therefor it’s suggested your clean your computer completely and make sure all infections are gone.
If you want a Malware expert can look at your computer logs after completing these steps to remove luckysearches, our forums will provide you with all the help you need.
Run Adwcleaner to Remove Lucksearches
AdwCleaner is a tool made by Xplode and is a free removal tool for Adware, PUPs, Toolbars and Hijackers.
1. Download Adwcleaner from toolslib here: Download ADWCleaner
2. Run the downloaded program as Administrator
3. Now click on Scan, a scan will be started on your system, depending on your system it’s performance this can take several minutes to complete.
4. After the scan has completed, click on the Cleaning button, first make sure it’s not deleting vital files, by viewing all the tabs.
5. Now, wait for the process to complete, a question to reboot will show up, reboot and then continue to the next step.
To make sure all the infections are really gone now, we are going to run a MalwareBytes scan and remove any remaining infections and infections you might have that you don’t know about yet.
1. Download MalwareBytes from the orginal website
2. Install the MalwareBytes and then, if it asks, update the program.
3. After the program is installed and updated if necessary, run a scan by clicking on Scan Now
4. Wait for the scan to complete, depending on your system it’s performance this can take several minutes to hours.
5. Remove the infections from your system by following the steps given by MalwareBytes and then reboot your system.
The infection should now have been removed from your system, if it has not then please run MalwareBytes again, or ask for help.
Remove LuckySearches from Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, with Adware Removal Tool.
1. Download Adware removal tool to your desktop, right-click the program and select Run as Administrator.
2. Click the Scan button, allow the scan to complete, this could take some time depending on your computer’s performance.
3. Hit OK.
4. Hit next making sure to leave all items ticked, for removal.
5. The Program will close all open programs to complete the removal, so save any work and hit OK. Then hit OK after the removal process is complete then OK again to finish up.
Remove LuckySearches leftovers with Eset Online Scanner
Now lets move onto the ESET online Scanner. Temporarily disable your Anti-Virus. If you are unsure how to disable your current virus scanners, Follow this guide.
1. Click Here to download the scanner, and save it to your desktop.
2. Right-Click the download program, on your desktop and click Run as Administrator.
3. Tick the box to accept the terms (if you Accept the terms of course), then click Start.
4. Make sure all the settings are the same as the picture below.
5. This scan can take a long time, be patient it is normal.
6. Make sure to tick uninstall application on close, also delete quarantined files.
Remove LuckySearches from your browsers.
At this point you may need to reset your browsers to default settings, to ensure all traces of the infection is gone.
To Prevent this type of infection happening again, I suggest you download and install Unchecky. This software will prevent unwanted software, being installed by you unknowingly.
You should now reboot your machine again at this point. I hope this guide has helped you remove lucksearches from your computer. If you need more help to remove luckysearches from your system make sure to visit our forums. Malware experts can help you remove luckysearches and all it came with completely.