In this tutorial we will explain how to take a screenshot on Windows / in Windows. We use the default method, but we also show you some great tools, to get it done as well.
Using Print Screen.
You should have a button on your keyboard called Prt Scrn, depending on your keyboard it may have another name. It’s normally in between the F12 and Scroll Lock button.
1. Press the Print Screen button on your keyboard.
2. Open Paint or any other image software
3. Click on Paste
The screenshot should now have been placed in paint.
Using the Snipping Tool
Another method of making a screenshot is using the Windows Snipping Tool, it’s included in Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 and allows you to easily create screenshots of the entire screen or partials of it.
1. Open Start and type Snipping Tool
2. Click on Snipping Tool
3. Select the part of the screen you want to make a screenshot of by holding down the mouse button and selecting it, and then release the mouse button.
4. The image will be shown to you, and you can now save it.
You can also take a screenshot on Windows using software, the best of these is SnagIt in my opinion, however that is not free, here are some good alternatives of the default Windows Snipping Tool
We hope this helped you on How to Take a Screenshot on Windows 7, 8 or 10. If you have any more questions feel free to visit our forums