Your desktop background can be a different picture set for each specific monitor, a single picture set for all monitors, or a slide show playing selected pictures randomly on all monitors.
In this tutorial we will show you how to select the images of your choice as your desktop background wallpaper or slide show in Windows 8, Windows RT, Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1.[alert-note]To get the best results, you will have to select a screenshot with the same resolution as your monitor.[/alert-note]
If you are using a Microsoft account and have the Personalize setting turned on to sync, then the desktop background you currently have set will also be displayed on any PC that you sign in to with the same Microsoft account.
Let’s get started
- Go to your Desktop, right-click and select Personalize
- The Personalize screen will open
- Click on the Desktop picture
- Select the ‘Browse’ option
- Find the map or individual wallpapers you would like to add
- Add them and you are done!
Using multiple Wallpapers
- Get to the Personalize -> Desktop screen
- Add your files or maps to the Wallpaper selection
- Click the select box on multiple picture to add them to the slide show
- Go to the bottom of the Personalize screen and set yourslideshow settings