Google mail is one of the world most popular mail providers. With an easy to use Web Interface and 15gb of free storage it almost beats all its competition. If you’re not experience with Office and setting up mail accounts in Microsoft Outlook then we will help you set up Google Mail in this guide. Let’s begin with How to Setup Google Mail (GMail) in Office 2016 shall we?
How to Setup Google Mail (GMail) in Office 2016?
1. Begin by starting Microsoft Outlook
2. Click on the File tab and then choose Add Account
3. Start by typing in your name, email address and password twice.[symple_box color=”red” fade_in=”false” float=”center” text_align=”left” width=””]If you have 2 factor authentication enabled for your Google Account then you will need to generate an App Specific password for your account at google. You can do that at https://myaccount.google.com/[/symple_box]
4. Then click the Next button. Outlook will now try to detect the automatic settings for Google Mail, in 99.9% of the cases this should only take a couple of seconds and should always work.[symple_box color=”gray” fade_in=”false” float=”center” text_align=”left” width=””]If Outlook fails to get the automatic settings then you can find the manual settings for Google Mail here https://support.google.com/mail/troubleshooter/1668960?hl=en[/symple_box]
5. Once it’s successfully set-up click on Finish and you’re done.
We hope this guide helped you to set-up Google Mail in Outlook 2016. If you need more help than feel free to visit our forums where we will help you personally for free. Thanks for reading.