How to Start Command Prompt in Windows 10
In this short tutorial we will explain how you can start Command Prompt in Windows 10 either as a normal user or as an Administrator (elevated). Command Prompt can be used to run many tools like SFC, CHKDSK, Ipconfig and so much more which you will need to troubleshoot problems.
Start Command Prompt using the Power Menu
This is perhaps one of the easiest methods out there.
1. Press the Windows + X key at the same time or right-click the start icon
2. A menu will appear in the left corner of your screen, then choose Command Prompt (1) if you want to run it as a normal user, or choose Command Prompt (Admin)(2) if you want to run it as an Administrator.
Start Command Prompt using Search
1. Open Start or click on the Search Icon (1)
2. Type Command Prompt
3. To run Command Prompt as a normal user simply click on Command Prompt. To run Command Prompt as an Administrator right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator (2)
Start Command Prompt using Task Manager
1. Press the CTRL + SHIFT + ESC key at the same time or right-click your taskbar and choose Task Manager
2. If available click on More Details
3. Click on File and then Run new Task
4. Type cmd and if you want to run Command Prompt as Administrator also check the box Create this task with administrative privileges
5. Click on OK
Those were the most common methods of starting Command Prompt in Windows 10. We hope one of these options helped you to start Command Prompt. Please feel free to visit our forums if you need more help. We are always there to help you for free.