How to Turn on or off Windows Features in Windows 10
In this tutorial I will show you, how to reach the Windows Features options in Windows 10 and how to use it to enable and disable Windows Features in Windows 10.
You can use the Windows Features to turn on or off the following features:
- .NET Framework 3.5
- .NET Framework 4.6
- Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services
- Embedded Shell Launcher
- Internet Information Services
- Internet Information Services Hostable Web Core
- Legacy Components
- Media Features
- Microsoft Message Queue
- MultiPoint Connector
- Print and Document Services
- Print as a PDF
- RAS Connection Manager Administration Kit
- Remote Differential Compression API Support
- RIP Listener
- Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- Simple TCPIP Services
- SMB 1.0 / CIFS File Sharing Support
- Telnet Client
- TFTP Client
- Unified Write Filter
- Windows Indentity Foundation
- Windows PowerShell 2.0
- Windows Process Activation Service
- Windows TIFF Ifilter
- Work Folders Client
- XPS Services
- XPS Viewer
Depending on your installation and device, some features might not be available or you might have more features. The above list was given as a way of showing you some features, features can change in upcoming updates.
How-to Enable or Disable Windows Features in Windows 10
1. Begin by opening the Control Panel, you can do this by typing “Control Panel” in the Cortana search bar or by right-clicking the Start logo and then choose Control Panel
2. In Control Panel click on Programs
3. Within programs click on Programs and Features
4. In the left pane you will now see the button Turn Windows Features on or off, click on that.
5. A UAC (User Account Control) message might appear, click on Yes or fill in an Administrator password.
You can now turn on and off certain features. I suggest you be careful with disabling features as Windows or your software might need them to function properly. In some cases Windows will warn you before you can disable features.
I hope this tutorial helped you to turn on or off Windows Features in Windows 10.