In this tutorial, we will show you how to update Microsoft Office 2016 manually. Microsoft Office by default looks for updates on different times however if Microsoft just released an update and you want to use it immediately then scanning for updates manually might be the best course of action for you.
Let’s get started on how to look for updates in Microsoft Office 2016 manually and on how to update Microsoft Office 2016 manually.
How to Update Microsoft Office 2016 Manually
1. First of all, begin by starting any Microsoft Office 2016 application, for example, Excel.
2. Once the program has opened click on File
3. Once the File options menu has opened click or tap on Account
4. Once the Account settings menu has opened click on Update Options and then choose Update now
5. If there are updates available you will get the Downloading Updates screen as shown below. However if there are no updates available for you then you will get a message telling you “You’re up to date!”. If there is indeed an update available for you then keep in mind downloading and installing it might take some time and during this process, it could be that you cannot use Microsoft Office for some time.
We hope this tutorial helped you on how to manually update Microsoft Office 2016 and how to check for updates in Microsoft Office 2016. If you need more help than feel free to visit our forums where Windows, Malware and Office experts are happy to answer any question you might have for free. Thanks for reading WindowsInstructed.com!