In this tutorial we will explain how you can get the Windows 10 Installation Media for free and use it to install Windows 10 on your system. This guide is especially useful if Windows has stopped working properly and you need to reinstall Windows 10.
Before we start
icon-clock-o Depending on your connection speed and computer performance these steps might take 1-8 hours.
icon-desktop You will either need a disc station and an empty DVD-Disc or usb port and USB-Stick.
icon-info-circle Your computer must be able to boot from either a DVD-Disc or USB-Stick. You will also need to have a secondary working computer to execute these steps.
Step 1: Getting an Windows 10 Installation Medium[symple_box color=”yellow” fade_in=”false” float=”center” text_align=”left” width=””]If you have a metered connection then please know that we are about to download huge files. [/symple_box]
1. Go to the Microsoft website where you can download a Windows 10 installation medium.[symple_button url=”http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=616935″ color=”grey” size=”default” border_radius=”3px” target=”self” rel=”” icon_left=”” icon_right=””]Download 32-bits. [/symple_button][symple_button url=”http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=616936″ color=”grey” size=”default” border_radius=”3px” target=”self” rel=”” icon_left=”” icon_right=””]Download 64-bits. [/symple_button]
2. Start the tool you’ve just downloaded wait for the screen “Getting a few things ready to disappear”.
3. Once you see the screen “What would you like to do” appears choose “Create Installation Media for another PC” and click Next.
4. Choose your language, edition and architecture. Make sure you choose the right ones here. If your not sure and only need to use the Recovery tools then select Pro and select Architecture both. Once chosen click on Next.
5. Now choose which medium you want to create. If you want to use a DVD-Disc then choose ISO File. If you want to use an USB-Drive then choose USB Flash Drive. Once you picked which you want click on Next.
If you’ve chosen USB Flash Drive
Follow the instructions on the screen to complete all the steps to create the USB Flash Drive. Once complete skip to “Step 2: Booting your System”.
If you’ve chosen ISO File.
Wait for the download to complete, click on Open DVD Burner and burn the ISO to a disc.
That’s it. You will now have Windows 10 ready to go on a DVD Disc or on a USB Flash Drive.