This is a very unspecified error in Windows that you receive when Windows cannot check for updates, this can have multiple reasons and it’s sometimes hard to determine which one is causing it. I have collected the most common solutions for this problem and you can read them below[symple_box color=”red” fade_in=”false” float=”center” text_align=”left” width=””] WARNING: This post includes steps for Windows 7 and 8(.1)! Do not use the steps on any other version then these.
Resolve Method 1: Automatic Diagnostic Tools
Microsoft has released a program that can scan for known problems with updates and their installation and solve them, this is the thing you should try first before any other method.[symple_button url=”http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9830262″ color=”blue” size=”default” border_radius=”3px” target=”self” rel=”” icon_left=”” icon_right=””]Download[/symple_button]
If this program cannot solve the problem then continue with method 2 below
Resolve Method 2: Resetting the Services
1. Open Start and type Services.msc then hit Enter
2. Locate Windows Update
3. Right-click on the service and select Properties
4. In Start-up type, select Automatic
5. Click the Start button.
6. Click OK
7 Then locate Background Intelligent Transfer Service and repeat the steps
8 Then locate Cryptographic Services and repeat the steps
Resolve Method 3: Removing SoftwareDistribution
1. Open Start and type CMD, then right-click Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator
2. Type net stop wuauserv, then hit enter
3. Type ren c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution.old
4. Type net start wuauserv, then hit enter
I still can not update. It is showing Windows update cannot currently check for updates because the service is not running all over again. And I’ve done all 3 of your steps.