There have been some reports of the Windows Update KB3002885 failing to configure correctly. The entire error message is listed below. There are some troubleshooting steps that seem to be working. We have included them in the article below.[alert-warning]This article contains steps which requires you to edit certain system registry settings. Editing the registry can be dangerous and a backup should be made before doing so.[/alert-warning]
Resolving this issue
Their have to be made some changes in the Windows Registry in order to fix these issues. Please follow each step as precise as possible.
1. Open the run dialog by pressing the Windows + R key at the same time, then type Regedit or Open Start and type Regedit
2. Then press OK (Run) or click on Regedit (Start)
3. Then unfold the following folders
4. Then delete all the keys you see in the right Window by right-clicking on them and choose delete. (Make sure you’re in the WINEVT folder!)
5. Reboot your device and try to apply the update again
We hope this solves your issues, if not then feel free to ask for more help below!
Regret that the registry gives value as “no.t set” in the right side. and i am not able to delete even this “null entry”